clockmaker

NTPfiend ntpsec at goldhill.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 15:51:06 UTC 2022

My instance of ntpsec gave up after just over a year uptime, so I went
for a re-installation (later R Pi, now 64 bit).   Today (23 Dec) I
attempted to run clockmaker but it did not get far:

[Line 210]
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean
print("Configuring locale...")?

I made the suggested mod, which looks like a Python2 to Python3 thing,
and the same happened 2 lines later, and for a number of other lines.
"Fixing" the lot, clockmaker is now running and doing what it should
do.   No smoke (yet) as a result of my hack.

I'm a user not a coder, hence the posting here.   It's entirely possible
I've misunderstood something.

Regards