Updating ntpsec

NTPfiend ntpsec at goldhill.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 10:00:14 UTC 2021

Thanks for the response.   Yes, I did have gpsd 3.22 in /usr/local/sbin,
so I looked more carefully to discover why.

I think the problem was that Debian has updated from buster to bullseye,
and without swapping repositories to oldstable which ./clockmaker
--update did not do, some libraries were not updated, and gpsd
compilation failed.   I originally missed this failure in the vast
output of ./clockmaker --update.

The solution was to re-use ./clockmaker --config then --build, over my
existing installation, which forced the repository change, updated the
necessary libraries and so compiled gpsd successfully.

gpsd -V
gpsd: 3.23.2~dev (revision release-3.23.1-38-g78de30d61)

All appears to be working again, just settling down.   The only downside
appears to have been that now:

ntpd -V
ntpd ntpsec-1.2.0+88-g1f1859403-dirty

That -dirty looks unpleasant but not a problem (as yet), so I'll
probably leave everything alone until Raspberry Pi OS bullseye appears.