NMEA refclock

dropkick23 at gmail.com dropkick23 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:08:05 UTC 2020

I know the 'magic' to release /dev/ttyAMA0 and BT.

Found the error in ntpd.log
 NMEA(0) serial /dev/gps0 open at 4800 bps

in the driver documentation the default is 9600.  but is being opened at
4800
"The driver uses 9600 bps by default, unless NTPsec was built in Classic
strict-compatibility mode, in which case the old default of 4800 bps is
used."

here is my configure:
./waf configure --refclock=nmea,pps,local,generic,shm --prefix=/usr

I'll set the baud rate in ntp.conf.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Fred