not understanding ntpviz output

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Sep 6 20:43:38 UTC 2019

Yo shouldbe!

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 17:09:04 +0100
> shouldbe q931 via users <users at ntpsec.org> wrote:
>
> > I saw something odd in ntpviz, which is that the server offset and
> > server jitter on SHM(1) goes to 1 second. I thought it would be
> > prudent to check another ntpviz, and https://pi3.rellim.com/day/
> > shows similar.
>
> Yup.  I have been seeing it myself.  Something happened many months
> ago to cause that regression.  That is why I have been trying to
> cleanup the time handling in gpsd.

I had tired to attack this problem directly, but failed.  So I continued
a process of moving all time in gpsd from double, timeval, timestamp, to
timespec.  And the problem seemed to disappear as oddly as it appeared.

Along with some other floating point oddness.

Can you confirm you also see the problem gone?