Best practices question

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Jun 26 15:36:04 UTC 2019

On 6/26/2019 1:22 AM, Hal Murray wrote:
> paul at anastrophe.com said:
>> I have minpoll/maxpoll both at zero,  as recommended....well, somewhere, and
>> it was an authoritative source, but  it escapes me at the moment.
> That seems unlikely to be optimal.
>
> The refclock logic has a filter to discard outliers.  That won't work if the
> poll interval is 0.
The zero/zero is only for the on-device stratum 0 -

refclock shm unit 1 refid PPS minpoll 0 maxpoll 0 flag4 1 prefer
refclock shm unit 0 refid GPS minpoll 1 maxpoll 1 flag3 1

My understanding was/is that that's not a problem with the onboard clock
source. But that's the extent of my understanding!

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com