Best practices question

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Jun 26 15:29:12 UTC 2019

On 6/26/2019 1:19 AM, Hal Murray wrote:

>> The one truly odd side-effect however is that ntpd is performing 'disk'  I/O
>> intermittently (confirmed via iotop),  ...
> I'd expect that to happen both in gpsd mode and when using the NMEA refclock.
> Normal logging stuff.
Right, that's what I'd have thought too. It was significant enough to fall
into the 'wtf' realm, as I couldn't suss out any I/O patterns running
strace on the process either. I should have written the strace output to a
file to compare to the normal running mode - which I may do anyway when I
get a chance.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com