ntploggps affects timing stats?

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Jun 12 23:53:42 UTC 2019

Just ran into this bizarro event, which makes no sense to me.

Logged into my ntp server, noticed that loggps had stopped running a
couple of days prior.

Started it up - at 15:21 localtime, 22:21 UTC.

Then when my hourly stats were generated, I'm presented with this (and
all the other relevant stats show a similar improvement):

https://i.imgur.com/hQ2CG4X.png

What am I missing here? Why would I get an approx 2ppb improvement in
local frequency jitter by starting loggps? Time jitter shows similar,
frequency offset similar, etc. Do the GPS logs factor into the other
statistics generated, in some way? I can't imagine they would - jitter
is jitter, the whole world 'round...right?

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com