empty refid

Daniel Nelson daniel.nelson at influxdata.com
Thu Apr 25 19:57:52 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 03:41:12PM +0100, shouldbe q931 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 8:24 PM Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
> > daniel.nelson at influxdata.com said:
> > > I think you are right, the package links to ntp.org.  Sorry, I was
> > > completely ignorant that there are two versions.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but if you like Python, you might
> > look at our implementation of ntpq.  If you can find the right place, you
> > can work with the raw data and won't have to parse anything.
> >
> Is this parsing of ntpq for the telegraf ntp plugin
> https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/tree/master/plugins/inputs/ntpq ?

Yes, this for Telegraf.  Essentially we run the ntpq command several times a
minute, parse the output, and send the data to a time series database.

At this point we fork/exec the command but are open to other ways of
interacting, since command output parsing can be a bit problematic, especially
when you take into account multiple versions and implementations.

I do love python, though since Telegraf is written in Go it's difficult to do
any foreign language calls.
--
Daniel