Extremely inexpensive gps modules

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Jul 10 06:12:45 UTC 2018

Yo Paul!

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 20:46:41 -0700
Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at anastrophe.com> wrote:

> On 7/9/2018 20:00 PM, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> > I ran across this ebay listing -
> >
> > https://ebay.to/2zrOVCU
> >
> > Essentially the ATGM332D-5n is a workalike to the ublox neo M8N,
> > and the user manual I found online (just google
>
> I did some further poking around on the net, it looks like it should
> be possible to get it to work - worth giving it a try. Will report
> back (eventually).

I bought one on ebay listed as a NEO-M8N.  This is a common ruse.

User manual in English here:

http://www.icofchina.com/d/file/xiazai/2018-01-08/9c186bd617e127ca162479c480092300.pdf

It only speaks basic NMEA.  Does not have GALILEO support, and the
signal sensitivity is only fair.  For two or three dollars more get
a u-blox NEO-M8N which works better.