Extremely inexpensive gps modules

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Thu Aug 9 02:51:29 UTC 2018

On 8/8/2018 19:48 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> Yo Paul!
>
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 19:42:31 -0700
> Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at anastrophe.com> wrote:
>
>> The QR code identifies it as a NEO 6M, but who knows, maybe the
>> internals are functionally M8N
> I doubt it works as well as an M8N.  If gpsd sees it as a NEO 6M I'd
> complain to the seller and to e-bay.  The sale item clearly said NEO
> M8N.
Oh for sure, I've already fired off a sternly worded missive to them.
It's not a total loss - I'm really looking forward to soldering in the
connection for the PPS signal, wiring it all correctly and seeing if it
spits out anything at all.  At worst, I got a free blinky board with
super-tiny ceramic antenna. :)

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com