CI: The "cross-build" job doesn't have EVP_MD_CTX_new

Matt Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Mon Sep 9 02:10:30 UTC 2024

On Sat, Sep 07, 2024 at 05:43:32PM -0700, Hal Murray via devel wrote:

> Thanks
>
> James said:
> >    It is one of many jobs set up to fail withou fanfare. Nobody was
> >    checking up on them on the pipelines tab at GitLab.
>
> Why do we have those jobs?

I think the idea at the time was that we wanted to test the next release of distros, but we didn't want to report failures on each commit or block merges that broke them. So we could check them periodically.

In practice, we don't seem to be checking these targets. And we've very rarely had breakage reported in the next versions/dev versions of distros.  So maybe we drop the testing for the future distro versions and rely on distro maintainers to repo these issues?

And we update https://www.ntpsec.org/supported-platforms.html to explicitly state that we build-test (but not runtime-test) the current stable version fo distro X, Y and Z?

Cheers,
-Matt