CI: The "cross-build" job doesn't have EVP_MD_CTX_new

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sat Sep 7 22:49:59 UTC 2024

> I assume it's from this change: https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/commit/
> 7c8b5fe20eafe911be4eac64467a032a52753313#887b5ad6972aa02f9a0434c248cd872a9
> 94e6fc5_44_41

Thanks.  Yes.  That would explain this problem.

But that cleanup went in back in June.  Why didn't we notice this problem
earlier?

> Ubuntu 16.04 is pretty old, does it need to be supported?

Good question.  Any opinions?
There are also 14.04 and 18.04
Are there any other distros supporting old old old versions that we might
run into?

Do we have a web page that describes our support policy?

My vote is that we support versions that are publicly supported and don't
support old versions that are suppported for fee.  That's not so much that
we aren't interested in old versions but that they aren't interested in
us.  We should consider support for an old version on a case by case basis
if there is ever any interest.  Who knows, somebody might get interested
in NTS.

I think the fix is only 3 or 4 lines in 2 places.

Does #ifdef work on functions?  I thought not, but the old code looks like
its doing that.