Alternatives to port 123

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri May 3 03:20:12 UTC 2024

Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> said:
> Why two options that do the same thing?

Thanks for asking.  I meant to say something about that.

I think the reason there are two is that I had a typo or such and couldn't get
>extra port nnnn< to work.  After banging my head against the wall for a
while, I gave up and added the other one.  Eventually I found the typo.

Anybody got good suggestions for what to do here?

Should we split things into two options?
Using only nts port nnnn may not work if we have disabled NTS at configure
time.  Do we care about that case?

I don't like adding a new top level (extra) to the config file syntax.  There
is already tinker, but that is all (maybe just mostly) for tweaking geeky
parameters.  I was looking for a friendly place for a new option.