Strange error on NetBSD

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sun Jun 23 10:17:49 UTC 2024

Fred Wright said:
>> The test-all part of option-tester gets the following error.
> Why only in option-tester?

That was just a simple way to tickle the problem.  (Which was why I put it
together in the first place.)

The code that causes the problem is libparse/clk_sel240x.c

Near the top, it says:

// _XOPEN_SORUCE needed for strptime()
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE

The Linux man page for strptime() says:
       #define _XOPEN_SOURCE       /* See feature_test_macros(7) */
       #include <time.h>

       char *strptime(const char *restrict s, const char *restrict format,
                      struct tm *restrict tm);

I tried removing the _XOPEN_SOURCE on NetBSD.  That didn't work.

I think I'll leave the current kludge.  It's ugly, but it works.