How old a version of OpenSSL do we support?

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Wed Jun 12 03:28:13 UTC 2024

Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com said:
> What's the cost of keeping 1.1.0 as the minimum version that we support?

Not much if any.  NTS won't work.

> What's the cost of keeping 1.1.1 as the minimum version that we support?

22 ifdefs.  They are all in the crypto code.  None in NTS.

libaes_siv hasn't been updated yet.  It would give a blizzard of
deprecated warnings except that I added the #define shutup

There are another batch in attic.  I assume nobody but me cares about
them.  I'll probably make a cleanup pass there one of these days and toss
all the old code.

Another question is who uses LibreSSL.  We have 4 ifdefs for it.

OpenBSD does, but we don't run on it.  (no ntp_adjtime())