sys_vars_list

James Browning jamesb192 at jamesb192.com
Fri Jul 19 22:26:01 UTC 2024

On Friday, July 19, 2024 3:04:45 PM PDT Hal Murray via devel wrote:

> James Browning said:
> > You should be able to run the following to get the list of variables
> > (but no type info).
>
> > $ ntpq -c "rv 0 sys_vars_list"
>
> > which seem to not work for a while,
>
> I can't find any reference to sys_vars_list.
> I've looked in the current code and in git log -p
>
> Is that the wrong name?  Or maybe that feature never existed.

off name for "sys_var_list", which is what I get for typing it in from
memory. it's around line 295 of ntpd/ntp_control.c where it associates
with vs_varlist which also occurs around lines 170 anf 1560. The acutal
reult of polling it is that you get the daemon_version variable, not
what was being asked for.

> There is a flag in the table to include a slot in the default ("rv
0").
> That works.  The default list may need tuning.

For practical reasons, it should probably not be in the default list.

-30-