NTPsec 1.2.3 released

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Wed Jan 3 04:24:12 UTC 2024

On Tue, Jan 02, 2024 at 07:21:39PM -0800, Fred Wright via devel wrote:

Hi Fred,

> There are a couple of minor issues that I should have noticed in the RC but
> didn't:
>
> 1) The 1.2.2a entry is missing from NEWS.  This is presumably because of the
> way the patch release was forked off of the master branch, though the entry
> still should have been included in master.  As far as the master branch
> history goes, 1.2.2a never existed.  This is easily fixed.

I see 1.2.2a at https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/blob/master/NEWS.adoc?ref_type=heads#user-content-2023-08-02-1-2-2a

Where do you see it missing?

> 2) This RC version was named 1.2.3rc1 instead of 1.2.3-rc1.  This screws up
> the sort order and makes it look like the RC version is newer than the
> release version.  It didn't follow the precedent of 1.2.2-rc1, which did it
> correctly.  E.g.:
>
> MacPro:~ fw$ port livecheck ntpsec
> ntpsec seems to have been updated (port version: 1.2.3, new version: 1.2.3rc1)

I'm not familiar with "port livecheck".  If I repack/rename the tarballs on the website to include a hyphen, will that make the port command happy?

Thanks,
-Matt