Testing -4 and -6

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Thu Sep 21 03:02:51 UTC 2023

Does anybody have a recipe (or pointer to one) for how to get a system running
without any IPv6?

I want something such that isc_net_probeipv6_bool() will return false.

Do we have to build our own kernel with some config variable turned off?
Or will just not configuring any IPv6 interfaces be good enough?

Same for IPv4.

The code for isc_net_probeipv6_bool is slightly different from that for
isc_net_probeipv4_bool.  I didn't go down that rathole.  It looks like
somebody may be assuming that some or all of IPv4 always exists.