I've broken something

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Thu Mar 23 07:46:45 UTC 2023

The pipeline fails on:
  Name: ubuntu-latest-basic
  Name: ubuntu-latest-refclocks
  Name: macos-basic
  Name: macos-refclocks

All 4 get the same clump of errors:

TEST(macencrypt, CMAC_Encrypt)../../tests/libntp/macencrypt.c:109::FAIL:
Expected TRUE Was FALSE
TEST(macencrypt, CMAC_Encrypt)../../tests/libntp/macencrypt.c:109::FAIL:
Expected TRUE Was FALSE
TEST(macencrypt, DecryptValidCMAC)../../tests/libntp/macencrypt.c:133::FAIL:
Expected TRUE Was FALSE
TEST(macencrypt, DecryptInvalidCMAC) PASS
TEST(macencrypt, IPv4AddressToRefId) PASS
TEST(macencrypt, IPv6AddressToRefId) PASS
TEST(macencrypt, null_trunc) PASS
TEST(macencrypt, CMAC_TestVectors)../../tests/libntp/macencrypt.c:297::FAIL:
Memory Mismatch. Byte 0 Expected 0x07 Was 0xE5

This code area isn't wonderful.  It leaves a lot of stuff in global variables
so it can decrypt stuff it just encrypted.  The code works on all my test
cases.

Anybody know what version of OpenSSL macos or ubuntu-latest are using?  There
was a new version released recently: 3.0 => 3.1, I think.  None of the other
distros I test with are using 3.1 yet.

Where/how do I get ubuntu-latest?

----

We should patch the configure stuff to print out the version of OpenSSL that
it finds.