Old email on gitlab

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Jul 24 01:13:36 UTC 2023

git log on a fresh clone shows things like this:

Author: Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>
Date:   Tue Jul 4 15:16:47 2023 -0700

    Squash warnings about not handled enumeration

I haven't used that email in ages.  My profile has been updated.  Mail from
gitlab goes to the right place.

Where is the other address stored and how do I fix it?

All my updates are setup and tested locally, then pushed with git push which
uses ssh.
That directory was cloned ages ago.  The old email address may be on my disk.

A friesh clone has the old/wrong email in .git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/HEAD

Is anybody familiar with this tangle?