New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for ntpsec

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Tue Feb 7 06:51:02 UTC 2023

Thanks.

> Do you have a coverity account?
> https://scan.coverity.com/
> Then go to "My Dashboard" and "Add project".

Should we document that?  Where?

It looks like Coverity is running over on github.
Is our copy-to-github stuff documented?

I'm waiting for somebody to approve me.

>>     Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 05:48:37 +0000 (Wed 21:48 PST)
> It was detected on Feb 5.

So the turn around is days rather than hours.

> So we tell Coverity to ignore the extra defaults.

OK, I propose to turn on -Wswitch-enum and fix all the warnings I find.  Then
I/we fix whatever Coverity complains about.  If that is too painful, we can
back out of -Wswitch-enum.

It may take a few iterations to make Coverity happy and we won't have great
turn-around, but it's not on the critical path.