Raspberry Pi startup: certificate is not yet valid

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon May 9 07:38:34 UTC 2022

Does anybody know how the initial time gets set on a Raspberry Pi -- before
ntpd gets called?

I have a recently setup system that gets initialized to 2022-04-01
and is trying  to use a certificate that was created after that.  :)

Should we do something like set the time to the time stamp of the drift file?
(if it is significantly newer than the current time)

That could backfire if, somehow, the system time got set into the future.

A variation on this would be a system sitting on a shelf for a long time.

Do we have a document that collects interesting things about NTS and
certificates?