fudge command

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Thu Mar 10 23:23:48 UTC 2022

I was helping somebody setup/debug some stuff and was looking for our
documentation on the fudge command.  I couldn't find any.  So I opened #731.

I think I've figured out what happened.  As part of some great cleanup long
long ago, Eric added all the fudge options to the server command.  But the old
fudge command was kept around for backward compatibility.  My brain never
noticed the change.

Is there any reason why the parser has different options for server and fudge?
Should we bring back the fudge command?  Or add an alias with a better name?

The idea is that there are a lot of options for a refclock.  It would be nice
if you could break things up and add a comment to an option.

Historical note:
  In the old days, the refclock was opened when the line was parsed.  So you
couldn't put options on the fudge line that were needed at open time.  The
baud rate is a good example.