NTPsec on Windows ??

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri Feb 18 01:18:38 UTC 2022

James said:
>    I'm sure there are dash style arguments specific to libaes_siv, I don't
>    think it would get built for Windows though.

libaes_siv doesn't do anything fancy.  All the hard work is in libcrypto.
OpenSSL is available for Windows.  So that part should be simple.  :)

There is --disable-nts option to waf configure.  That will avoid libaes_siv
but we still need libcrypto.  We could add a configure option to disable
shared key crypto.  We still need libcrypto for md5 which is used to hash IPv6
addresses down to 32 bits.  We could resurrect the old stand alone md5 code
(or find some we like on the net).

>    Could you go through an remove all the mandatory=True instances and
>    equivalent from configure. Then would you run build verbosified and get
>    the arguments of a compile and maybe a couple links?

I was thinking the same thing but decided I should put that on the back burner
until we get a release out.