Getting ready for a release, wildcards

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Apr 25 08:05:07 UTC 2022

Thanks again for your helpful comments.

On the cert documentation ...

What is our target audience?  Admins who already know about certificates or
newbies who are getting a certificate for the first time?  (This was my first.)

Is there a certificates-for-newbies document we can reference?
If not, should we write one?

On my knobs...

What is our role in this corner of the security world?  Should we explore the
edges where convenient, or blindly follow what everybody else is doing?

Is there a document discussing the big picture security of TLS?
I'm looking for something that describes what "everybody else" is doing and
the risks of various options, things to think about, ...

-------

Thanks for the wildcard link:
  https://gist.github.com/joepie91/7e5cad8c0726fd6a5e90360a754fc568
Should we add that to our documentation?  Where?

--------

I like your "science fair project" tag.

Science fairs can be educational.  What is the tradeoff between clutter and
education?  How should we decide?