Release, wildcards, etc

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Tue Apr 19 19:38:29 UTC 2022

> Sigh. I should get up to speed onmn crypto and certificates.  I doubt I can
> do it fast enough to be useful on this one, though.

Service Names in TLS
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-rfc6125bis/
It's 24 pages with the usual amount of boiler plate so only half of that is
serious reading.

--------

To get in the right mind set, you should watch a few of Moxie Marlinspike's
talks.
He's a good speaker.

DEF CON 17 - Moxie Marlinspike - More Tricks for Defeating SSL
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dhSN9aEljg
48 minutes -- hacking SSL

DEF CON 18 - Moxie Marlinspike - Changing Threats To Privacy: From TIA to
Google
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoeNbZlxfUM
43 minutes -- Privacy

DEF CON 19 - Moxie Marlinspike - SSL And The Future Of Authenticity
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawS3_iuHoA
46 minutes -- trusting CAs