Support for i386

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:28:18 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, at 5:17 AM Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > The remaining blocker is that the NTP packet format would need to be
> > redesigned.
>
> No, we just have to play the wrap around game when converting from network
> time to unix time.  If the network time is before the build time add 1<<32
> seconds.  And drop the high bits when going in the other direction.
>
> Pick your favorite constant if you don't like build time.  But then you have
> to remember to update it occasionally.

Too late, I already changed it that way at the end of December (!1197
I think) f76af8b7, I messed up again.

Remove --build-epoch and replace it with arbitrary --build-desc text.

Passing '--build-desc=$(date -u +%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%Sz)' restores the previous
default extended version.

The build epoch has been replaced with a hardcoded timestamp which will be
manually updated every nine years or so (approx 512w).  This makes the
binaries reproducible by default.