Objectives for the next year

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Sat Jun 19 21:06:04 UTC 2021

> 1. We have at least two people who are expert Go programmers - Ian and
> myself.  We have nobody, AFAIK, who is up to speed on Rust.  Moving
> the code will be a large amount of work - I don't think any good
> purpose is siolved by adding "learn to be fluent in an entire new
> language" on top of that.

I'm curious how future-proof golang is.
If I remember correctly, it was a Google-project?
Google is known to often deprecate technologies and projects ignoring
communities wishes.

Also rust (I understand the big problem of not much current knowledge in
the project-team) is easier to use on microcontrollers. But maybe that's
out of scope.

Regards,