Using Go for NTPsec

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Jul 4 19:25:29 UTC 2021

Dan Drown via devel writes:
> Time critical code:
>
> 1. packet tx happening right after tx timestamp for server response

Yes, and that really should be handled in the kernel, maybe implemented
via BPF.

> 2. serial NMEA data timestamps

Arguably that should also (ideally) be the responsibility of the kernel
driver.

> Non time critical code:
>
> 5. calculating/updating local clock offset/frequency

That currently isn't time critical in the usual sense, but I would not
be surprised if that code doesn't deal well with jitter.  Jitter on the
input can be removed as you have noted, but it would need to be arranged
that the output gets properly targeted to the next scheduled time
trigger.  Here's another thing that would best be handed off to the
kernel…

Regards,
Achim.