✘Bad system call

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Jan 18 21:23:00 UTC 2021

Yo James!

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:37:26 -0800
James Browning via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021, at 12:22 PM Gary E. Miller via devel
> <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:
>
> > Yo All!
> >
> > I have not been able to build/run ntpd on one system for a while.
> > It used to work.  No AppArmor.  This is Gentoo stable.  I
> > recompiled the world more than once just in case.  The SD card is
> > fine (for now).
>

> Try a bisection with the points f6735fec (I think good) and c0e8ef2d
> (I think bad at 6 commits later)

All fail.  I went as far back as  02f91d.  Still dails.

The next log should be:

(01:08:40 PM) gemiller: 2021-01-18T13:07:46 ntpd[14421]: NTSs: loaded certificate (chain) from /etc/letsencrypt/live/kong.rellim.com/fullchain.pem

I checked that cert file.  It is good.

> Looks like a problem with NTS hence the range listed above.

Yup.

> My first idea is that you are jerking us around, but I would not
> think so on -devel.

No, that is whaat Bernd is for.  (Sorry, just kidding).

I can get you a login is you wish to see for your self.