What's the status of the work on shebangs and/or ctype?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Sep 18 04:42:58 UTC 2020

On 9/17/20 7:07 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:

>>> I am in favor of that change. I'm happy to implement that in a
>>> follow-up commit.

Here is the change from `/usr/bin/env python` to `/usr/bin/env python3`:
https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/merge_requests/1173

Gary identified some related issues before I sent this mail, so I went
and worked on those first. Some are addressed in:
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/merge_requests/1175 (trivial)
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/merge_requests/1176

An open issue is:
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/issues/671
which is that attic and contrib currently contain scripts which are not
installed, so there is no waf subst, so they can't have substed
shebangs. There are any number of solutions. Let's discuss; ideally in
#671, but here works too.

--
Richard