What's the status of the work on shebangs and/or ctype?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 17 22:54:29 UTC 2020

On 9/17/20 11:54 AM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> I agree with the first of 4 goals of the MR.

> Rather than go around and around, how about a simple MR that only
> implements goals 1 and 4?

That is the first commit. I will merge that commit soon, barring any
objections to that piece.

> The fallback, goal 4, is "/usr/bin/env python".  Does anyone
> object to making that "/usr/bin/env python3"?

I am in favor of that change. I'm happy to implement that in a follow-up
commit.

I would describe this change as "Make Python 3 the default". Should we
do that now, or one release later? Any objections to now?

--
Richard