FFI module architecture decision was 'Python support policy'

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:03:48 UTC 2020

I (re)developed a Python wrapper around a C FFI stub[1]. It is largely
based around my merge request !1010 [2].

Time to compile should be reduced because instead of compiling the
entire source N times or compiling the Python extension N times (for
an unimplemented concept), the source only compiled once.

The FFI stub would allow for simplified development of non-Python libraries.

What does everyone think about this? Can anyone make it break?

[1] https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/commits/ntpc
[2] https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/merge_requests/1010