I'm giving up on seccomp

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Sep 4 23:34:36 UTC 2020

> >> If you want to claim your Go program has no buffer overruns,
> >> you can't call out to big complicated libraries written in c.  You
> >> would have to rewrite them in Go.
>
> > Fair point. That changes my to-do list.
>
> Could you please say more?  What did you add or drop?

Means seccomp in Go has to be on it.  Though not at high priority.

The current blocker on the port is that Flex and Bison can't yet emit
Go code.  I'm probably going to have to fix that myself.  There are roughly
equivalent tools such as goyacc that are fine for new projects, but
guaranteeing that you get the same accept grmmar from specifications in
two different generators is so difficult that I'd rather retarget
Flex and Bison than deal with that problem.