NEWS for release

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 4 23:30:13 UTC 2020

> Looking at the changelog, the only one that jumps out at me is James's new UI
> options for ntpq.

Should we have a policy of mentioning all UI changes?  I don't want a lot of
clutter, a quick mention should be enough to get people to check the
documentation.

How about config file changes?

--------

> After we ship I''ll get off my butt about the recvbuff cleanup.

What do you have in mind?

I think I have fixed all the get/free stupidities that used to be in the main
line server code so it isn't wasting CPU cycles.  There is still a free list.
I forget how it is used.  I think some/most refclocks use it, maybe only the
ones that read serial data.  It would be good to totally nuke the free list.

---------

We should make a pass through devel/TODO.adoc and devel/TODO-NTS