ntpsec | The --disable-nts option is partially ineffective (#666)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Sep 3 06:46:16 UTC 2020

For those who haven't been following the details, the problem is not
--disable-nts, but a version of Phthon that is old enough that it doesn't have
hmac.compare_digest()

> As of 1.1.9, NTPsec doesn't build "normally" on Debian 7...

Debian 7 is pretty old.  Support ended May 2018

Do we want to support versions of distros that the vendor doesn't support any
more?  My vote would be no.

Do we know of any other potentially interesting distro/versions that have this
particular problem?

How good is our CI coverage?  Most distros support 2 versions: a current and
an older but still supported so people have plenty of time to update.  Do we
test both?  ,,,