Off by N second errors

Steven Sommars stevesommarsntp at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:49:02 UTC 2020

Off-list Gary referred to a fix being in gpsd 3.20 (released Dec 31,
2019).   I saw the note about "Convert all timestamp_t to timespec_t", but
can't tell if that is involved in the potential fix.  Mike was running GPSD
"git head from ~2 months ago", which is later than 3.20.
I can't tell whether the two-second error would be fixed by 3.20.

Can anyone explain how GPSD would trigger a 2 second error?