ntpd Certificate Loading

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:12:16 UTC 2020

Hal,

I have solved the issue for now, by changing the group of the live/and
archive/ directories in /etc/letsencrypt to ntp,and giving the group read
permissions.

root at ntpmon:/etc/letsencrypt# ls -l
total 36
drwx------ 4 root root 4096 Oct 21  2018 accounts
drwxr-x--- 3 root ntp  4096 Jan 17  2016 archive
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  121 Jan 10  2018 cli.ini
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May  9 09:39 csr
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 May  9 09:39 keys
drwxr-x--- 3 root ntp  4096 Jan 17  2016 live
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  924 May  9 09:39 options-ssl-apache.conf
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May  9 09:39 renewal
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 21  2017 renewal-hooks

We need to add this to the NTS Howto.  Let me draft some language.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane