Does cross compiling work?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 20 19:53:44 UTC 2020

If so, can somebody send me an example script.

Context is that I'm working on getting ntpsec to run on RTEMS.  (Mostly
curious.)

We have to build and run keyword-gen on the local system so it needs to be
built with the non-cross tools.  It's the first 5 steps under the "building
host" header.

wscript contains:

     if ctx.options.cross_compiler:
        if ctx.env["CROSS-CFLAGS"]:
            # Lexically split each part of the CFLAGS, then chain the lists
            iter = [shlex.split(x) for x in opt_map["CROSS-CFLAGS"]]
            ctx.env.CFLAGS = list(itertools.chain.from_iterable(iter))

I'd expect that we would need 2 copies of CFLAGS, one for the local build and
another for the cross-build.  Am I missing something?