Possible cruft cleanup: clock_gettime vs getitimer

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 17 05:42:59 UTC 2020

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> I believe those #ifdefs are a port hack for a minor platform that's not
> completely standards-cimpliant, most likely some version og Mac OS/X.

Thanks.

wscript says:
        # MacOS doesn't have timer_create ??
        ('timer_create', ["signal.h", "time.h"], "RT", False),

Can a MacOS wizard verify that and/or see what versions do/don't support it?
Thanks.

Where should we capture that sort of into?  Is a comment in wscript the right
place?

How can we test things like that?  If our goal is to support POSIX systems, I
think it would be a good idea to keep track of workarounds like this one for
systems that aren't quite POSIX complaint.

---------

[from devel/hacking.adoc]
>   You *may* use clock_gettime(2) and clock_settime(2) calls, and
>   the related getitimer(2)/setitimer(2), from POSIX-1.2008.

There is no clock_gettime test in wscript.  I'll try to clean up that area.