libntpc.so

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Dec 15 01:10:43 UTC 2020

rlaager at wiktel.com said:
> Debian doesn't use the "lib64" style naming. It has the traditional  "lib"
> and then uses what it calls "multiarch", so you have things like  /usr/lib/
> x86_64-linux-gnu (and /usr/local versions too).

> I'm getting /usr/local/lib by default from waf, which is listed in  /etc/
> ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf. So that's how that works.

I'm still confused.

On debian 10 (buster)

waf configure said:
  LIBDIR                        :  /usr/local/lib64
  PYTHONDIR                     :  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
  PYTHONARCHDIR                 :  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

locate libntpc.so says (skipping stuff in my directory):
/usr/local/lib64/libntpc.so
/usr/local/lib64/libntpc.so.1
/usr/local/lib64/libntpc.so.1.1.0

There is no lib64 in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*
But it works.

Similar on Fedora 32.