Re: ✘Python 2.7 broken

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Dec 13 06:55:56 UTC 2020

devel at ntpsec.org said:
> As Fred said, things need not work in DESTDIR. DESTDIR is for building
> packages. It is reasonable to want "as installed" testing (which you and  I
> have discussed before) at some point. What we have right now is  post-build/
> pre-install testing. But either way, neither of those involve  DESTDIR.

I think we also want minimal post-install testing to verify that the libraries
got installed in the right place.  It doesn't have to be the full test
package.  I think there is some code that does version checking.

It would be nice if that layer of checking would verify that it is getting the
right libraries.