Python.h quirk

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Sep 21 06:34:21 UTC 2019

I'm on Fedora.  I've been using python2 for ages.  I just tried to switch to
python3.
My "python" command now links to python3.7

It all builds, then dies trying to run the version printout tests which really
test that it can load all the libraries it needs.  That died in util.py while
trying to import ntp.ntpc

It turns out that building ntpc.so had used the Python.h from python2 rather than the one for python3
Downhill from there.

Can we do anything to fix that?  Or trap it?

It works after I uninstall python2-devel