More potential cruft

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Sep 18 01:29:09 UTC 2019

in ntp_debug.h, there is a TPRINT macro.

 * TPRINT is used where the logger needs to remain even when DEBUG is off.

TPRINT is not used in ntpd/, DPRINT is not used in libntp/

I assume the idea is that a library would always be built with debugging built
in.  If you used the library, you could provide your own way to adjust debug
level.

This is tangled up with two copies of declcond.h one in ntpd/ and the other in
include/

-------

There was cleanup in this area a while ago.  I suspect the TPRINT/DPRINT split
preserved the old way without understanding why it was needed.

My vote would be to nuke TPRINT, change all (6.5) references to it to use
DPRINT
and eliminate both copies of declcond.h by moving the one critical line to
ntp_debug.h
(The 0.5 is a comment.)

This seems like the sort of thing you would have done if you had noticed, but
maybe there is something going on that I don't understand yet.

Do you have serious plans to export libntp?  Does it need debugging?  ...