Fwd: Future directions

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 21:20:45 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:23 PM Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:

> On 9/16/19 6:08 PM, James Browning via devel wrote:
> > - additions to the DNS code to allow non-A/AAAA pools. (cname/srv
> probably)
>
> Is it not following CNAMEs already? I haven't checked.

No, it seems not to. Also since typing that I have checked the foolish
notion I had and corrected it. cnames don't seem to be returnable in
groups.

> - less awful asccidoctor support
>
> What's the issue here? I might be able to help.

- No detection by waf helpers.
- _Adds_ ruby as a required language.
- does not properly handle the inclusions.
- messes up the style sheet.

Mostly a reminder to myself to work on it (possibly handing bits off)
instead of the stuff I am doing now.