OpenSSL quirk

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Oct 25 08:26:53 UTC 2019

NetBSD 7.2 is old, but still supported.

It comes with OpenSSL 1.0.1u  22 Sep 2016
The pkg stuff provides OpenSSL 1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018

The first works.  The latter doesn't.  I don't know why, and don't have any
hints yet.

I've got lots of crap in server logs from attempts that don't work, but I
don't know what's on the other end.

Does anybody have any examples of cases that don't work?  I'm expecting almost
everything to work.  1.1.1 should support TLS 1.3 and older versions should
use TLS 1.2

I haven't seen any examples of OpenSSL on distros that are so old that they
don't support TLS 1.2