ublox refclock

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Nov 25 19:50:55 UTC 2019

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:18:21 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>:
> > I just took a quick look at refclock_ubx.c
> >
> > An interesting start, [...]

> So there is nothing you recommend be merged at this time?

I sorta wish NTPsec had a staging area like the Linux kernel does.

There is value to a small and clean u-blox driver fully integrated
into NTPsec.  But without KPPS it is inferior at timekeeping.

If the guy that wrote it wanted to work on it under the NTPsec umbrella
that would be good.  A little guidance and the guy that wrote that could
be very useful to NTPsec.

Without that guy, or someone interested in being that guy. I'd pass on
that driver.  I'm not personally interested in upgrading that software to
have the smarts that gpsd already does about the u-blox and KPPS.