ublox refclock

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Nov 24 18:55:13 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> Not necessarily a fake; the 8N is the normal variant (without
> stationary mode) and less expensive.  I suspect it's the same hardware
> with a different firmware load - they price-discriminate because
> they think the customers for stationary mode will pay more.

Different firmware and smaller too, IIRC.  But more pertinent to the
pricing is the fact that the uBlox T variants are all paired with much
better oscillators.  Some of the extra features available on T models
likely require extra testing in production as well (testing is often
more expensive than the actual hardware).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: