ublox refclock

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Nov 24 13:18:25 UTC 2019

Udo van den Heuvel via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>:
> I cam across this ublox ntpsec refclock:
> https://gitlab.com/trv-n/ntpsec-ublox
> Would it be usable for incorporation in the ntpsec tree?
> (AFAIK this is a 'straight' refclock; no extra lines needed besides
> rx/tx and pps)

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.  The M8T is an
interesting chip in a product line a couple of our principals like
and use.  Not only is it a strong candidate for inclusion as a supported
driver, I'd be hard-put to think of a stronger one.

I have filed an issue on its tracker titled "Work should be merged to
upstream".  In it I encourage the developer to introduce himself on this
list so we can discuss what would be required to integrate.