NTP Performance

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Nov 24 05:19:02 UTC 2019

On 11/23/19 3:02 AM, Hal Murray wrote:
> The code that reads the clocks works hard to make sure that fuzzing the bottom
> bits doesn't make time go backwards.  That logging is what happens when things
> go wrong.
>
> What sort of hardware/OS are you running on?

2x Intel Xeon CPU X5460 @ 3.16GHz
Ubuntu 18.04
Linux (from Ubuntu package) 4.15.0-70-generic
ntpsec 1.1.7+dfsg1-1~wiktel1.18.04.3
  i.e. my backport for Wiktel (my day job) of the Debian 1.1.7+dfsg1-1
  package, which is obviously NTPsec 1.1.7

I can build from git or with whatever patches, if needed. If something
is wrong with this clock fuzzing code, I'd love to help get to the
bottom of it, but this doesn't seem like the sort of thing I can sort
out by myself.

--
Richard